It is always nice to get Amazon user reviews or reviews from past customers. As I check the Amazon site reviews for the Strong Arm 5 Portable Drill Press I was surprised to read some of the comments. I do respect their opinions, however, I would like to share some of the feedback I get when customers call and reorder more Strong Arm 5 while addressing a few of the Amazon reviews.
Amazon Review – The Strength of the Construction
“The concept is good, but this product is not constructed strong/stable enough. It wants to twist and bend when applying down pressure which defeats the purpose of this tool.”
Below are companies using this tool proving the construction is strong and stable.
- A contractor in Texas was drilling into 1 inch thick steel 57 stories high, taking 50 minutes per hole to drill, before he ordered and tried the Strong Arm 5 portable drill press. The drilling time was cut down to 10 minutes per hole with the Strong Arm 5. With those results, he reordered and paid $135.00 for overnight shipping. He was not concerned about the strength of the construction as the tool did its’ job.
- A ship builder for the U. S. Navy has been and still uses six Strong Arm 5 portable drill presses for the last 8 years. When they ordered one more about three months ago, I asked the purchasing agent how they like them she said they use them all the time. Not many tools for $250 last that long.
- John a manager of the biggest greenhouse needed a portable drill press to help build and maintain 50 thousand carts with 4 casters per carts. Each caster has 4 holes that need to be drilled so they can mount them to the carts. John said he tried all the portable drill presses and the Strong Arm 5 worked the best and out lasted the others.
- Boeing uses the Strong Arm 5 Portable Drill Press to drill through titanium.
- Some commercial glass companies now use and have up to 10 units.
I could share hundred of great comment if you like more, email me.
Amazon Review – Hard to Drill Straight
“Hard to keep straight in certain positions need two people.”
Another surprise comment is about hard to drill straight. The Strong Arm 5 never claims to be a tool to help one drill straight. It is a tool that gives the user a 5 to 1 leverage, for one pound of pull you get 5 pounds of force at the drill bit. Example to drill a ¼” hole; a ¼” hole needs 230 thrust pounds at the bit. You only need 46 pounds of pull to achieve 230 pounds of force at the bit with the Strong Arm 5. Now with only 46 pounds of pull you can concentrate on how straight you are drilling and the Strong Arm 5 does help drilling with more accuracy. If you need leverage and help drilling more accuracy than the Strong Arm 5 portable drill press is for you.
Amazon Review – Not well Constructed
“It was not as well constructed as I expected, but I haven’t used it yet. Its performance will establish my opinion.”
The review, “It was not as well constructed as I expected, but I haven’t used it yet.” WOW what can I say? The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety tested which car is safer, a 1959 Chevy Bel Air that weighs 3650 Pounds or a 2009 Chevy Malibu that weighs 3415. It turns out that a driver of a car 18 or more years old is 71 percent more likely to die in a bad crash than the driver of a newer car of today. A car that weighs 235 pounds less is 71 percent safer. Just like the newer car designs, the Strong Arm 5 Portable drill press is designed to be tough and will last long without being heavy, as heavy would cause operator fatigue. Give it a review without trying it, come on. The proof is in the drilling. Let me review how tough it is:
- Ability to drill through 1 inch steel
- Boeing uses to drill through titanium
- Drill thousand of holes in carts
- Used to build ships for the U. S. Navy
Product Warranty Use
As the manufacturer, the warranty percent is only at .009%. That is less than one percent. I warrantied a part even when the customer reported his employees had been misusing the Strong Arm 5. I still sent he the parts he needed. Another warranty looked like it was used for a jack, the part that failed had never failed in any of the stress tests. For a portable drill press that only weighs 4 pounds 6 ounces it has performed very well as you can see from the task it achieves. It will flex a little yes, the alternative would be heavy bulky mechanism that would wear you out by the end of the day.
Save Man Hours – Keep Injuries Down
Most people are too busy to right a review as they are making money. So I wanted to share other customer stories that have saved thousands of man hours while keeping their injuries down.